Yesterday we learned how to create a simple Hello World app on' target='_blank'>App Engine and deploy it image on the local web server that comes with' target='_blank'>App Engine SDK. Read that tutorial here.

Now, once your app is complete, how to deploy it in the Cloud so that you can show it to the world!

First Step:
Create a Google account
2) Goto and login
3) Click Create Application.
Select your country and enter your mobile number.

Google will text you an activation code (I received it almost instantly!). Enter that code and your' target='_blank'>App Engine account will be activated. Each Google Account can create and deploy upto 10 applications and the catch is that you cannot delete any application once its deployed (you can only upgrade it to newer versions). So you have only 10 slots to play with.

Okay, so all the essentials in hand, we move on to deploy our App on this cloud.

Second Step:
Once your account has been activated, goto the' target='_blank'>App Engine main page and click Create Application. Select a name for the app and check it’s availability and enter a title. I did this with mine:

Okay, now your application is registered, you can deploy your code on there.

Make sure the Application Identifier and your Application ID in ”app.yaml” SHOULD MATCH or else it will not work!

Edit the app.yaml file, then change the value of the application: setting from helloworld to your registered application ID (programmerfish in my case).

So, I registered an app with the name of programmerfish. Therefore I have to rename my helloworld folder to programmerfish.

Third Step:
Now the actual uploading of the application to Cloud begins. The deployment is completely done on Command Prompt

1) Open Command Prompt and goto the google_appengine directory
2) Type update programmerfish and hit enter
3) It will ask your Google Account email and password, enter it and your application will be deployed!

The command prompt will look like this:

Hurray! HelloWorld is in the Clouds now! The Application URL will be:

In my case, it is: